Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digthewell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
Hi,
I am looking to use Google Docs as standalone app.

More specifically, I'd like Google Docs to show up as a separate window on the Dock. Whether that can be achieved by using an App or any other way.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Cheers,

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Hi,

More specifically, I'd like Google Docs to show up as a separate window on the Dock. Whether that can be achieved by using an App or any other way.

Cheers,
i use a tool called, "Fluid" to create app-ified versions of websites. i created a whole suite of the google apps.

digthewell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
i use a tool called, "Fluid" to create app-ified versions of websites. i created a whole suite of the google apps.
That's great! Is it available for download? I found a way to make the Google Sheets into a Chrome App, but it doesn't work as seamlessly as I would have liked it to and Chrome needs to be launched for it to function.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
@digthewell the Fluid app is a download from www.fluidapp.com and making the app is rather easy. The URL, Name, Location on your computer + any icon you'd like (or just use the website favicon)
Fluid can be purchased and registered to allow for further options within your newly created app. Although I believe you'll be fine with the free version for this purpose.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

artbaron

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2019
Hi,

Cheers,

This could be exactly what you are looking for: https://github.com/phillipcaudell/Google-Drive-for-Mac

Similar concept to Fluid, but tuned specifically for Google Drive. It even automatically opens documents in new windows.

Reactions: allan.nyholm
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.