Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raylo32

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2018
So, for whatever reason some of my apps, mostly some of the face ID ones, wanted me to log back in initially with user and password. No big deal.. One of the few others that wanted that was Google Maps. So after I logged back in my Google Map favorite locations and history are gone. But they are still there when I log in to Google Maps on the MacBook or PC browsers. Why isn't the iPhone App synching? Maybe I need to reinstall the app.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
So, for whatever reason some of my apps, mostly some of the face ID ones, wanted me to log back in initially with user and password. No big deal.. One of the few others that wanted that was Google Maps. So after I logged back in my Google Map favorite locations and history are gone. But they are still there when I log in to Google Maps on the MacBook or PC browsers. Why isn't the iPhone App synching? Maybe I need to reinstall the app.
Google changed the Timeline backs up now. I had to backup Google timeline on my phone within the Google maps app then restore it on my new iPhone again from within the Google Maps app. Also for some reason on my new iPhone the Google maps timeline history was turned off by default so turned that on also.

Reactions: twintin

raylo32

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2018
I figured out my problem. I actually have 2 user IDs one for google and a second I use just for youtube and it appears to have used the one I use for youtube on Maps.

Reactions: Fred Zed
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.