Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
I got the trial for Aperture since I take photo's at drag races with my nikon but how is it for editing and like brightening up photo's? Here are some of my photo's I have taken!

DSCN0073.jpg

DSCN0072.jpg

DSCN0357.jpg

DSCN0091.jpg

DSCN0681.jpg

DSCN0534.jpg

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I recently returned Aperture because it's got crappy integration with Photoshop. Lightroom is a bit nicer (and cheaper for students!).

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I got the trial for Aperture since I take photo's at drag races with my nikon but how is it for editing and like brightening up photo's?

Much depends on the skill of the user. Aperture certainly has all of the required controls for adjusting images.

What it's not good it and can't do is adjust the relative brightness of say one of those cars the the background. Yes Aperure does have the dodge and burn tool but it is limited compared to Photoshop. But for over all adjustments Aperture is hard to beat.

I ead the post above about Apertur/Photoshop integration. I don't know how it could be better. Aperture will sand a copy of the image directly to Photoshop, launching Photoshop f required and then when you save from inside Photoshop the image is sent right back to Aperture. It's all automatic.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
I ead the post above about Apertur/Photoshop integration. I don't know how it could be better. Aperture will sand a copy of the image directly to Photoshop, launching Photoshop f required and then when you save from inside Photoshop the image is sent right back to Aperture. It's all automatic.

Agreed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.