Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

For those with AppleCare+ for your phone, do you use a case?

• I always use a case

Votes: 114 60.3%
  • I never use a case

Votes: 32 16.9%
  • I sometimes use a case

Votes: 43 22.8%

• Total voters

Hele

macrumors regular
May 14, 2022
Rhode Island
Seriously, obtain a 750ml bottle of Chardonnay. Chill it. Use a corkscrew—the “waiter’s friend” will suffice—to open it. Then, pour yourself a glass. Consume the entire bottle within the span of 1.09 hours.

Are you, for real, gonna sweat the twenty or thirty bucks difference in resale value you might receive (because you used a case and/or screen protector and kept your battery at 95% instead of 92%) when it’s time to upgrade your device? Come on. I want you to live life. I want you to party like it’s 2014. Turn it up.

Mr. A-Rod

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2023
I mean, smart people use a case. I work with 'extremely successful' people and I have not met a single one who didn't put a case on their Apple phone.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
• AppleCare+ does not cover your Apple Watch, HomePod, iPad, iPhone or iPod for loss or theft, wear and tear, or for cosmetic damage which does not affect the functioning of the device (see clause 5.1)

Source: Apple.com

If you think otherwise, please post T&Cs to the contrary.

stanza.richi

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Do most people pay monthly for AC+ or upfront? I am in the UK so prices are £11.99 per month or £239. I have never bought it before for my phones. If you go for the 2 years can you extend with monthly payments after the 2 year period ?
I bought AC+ for two years because I usually keep my iPhone for two years. With my 14 PM I want to arrive to 4 years, I will see to pass to monthly bill after 2 years.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Do most people pay monthly for AC+ or upfront? I am in the UK so prices are £11.99 per month or £239. I have never bought it before for my phones. If you go for the 2 years can you extend with monthly payments after the 2 year period ?

In the US, it's possible to switch to monthly AC+ within 30 days of the 2-year AC+ expiring.

Unless there's a steep discount (e.g. EDU promos), I usually just do monthly AC+. That way, I won't forget switching to monthly AC+ after the 2-year coverage expires.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
What? Yes it does… that is exactly what it covers. I dropped my iPhone 13 Pro in a parking lot over the summer and the sides got scuffed up and screen had some minor scrapes but no cracks or anything. I got a complete replacement, brand new phone, for $100.

I went into the support app and requested a replacement due to screen damage (the scratches) and they sent me a new phone in 2 days along with a box to ship the old one back. It was fast and simple.
It doesn't. You are mistaken.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I don’t care what it says… I literally got a replacement myself, for what amounted to only minor cosmetic damage. No cracks, no malfunctioning, nothing that affected the performance of the phone.
Your experience was obviously an exception to what the AC+ states. You were lucky is all. AC+ normally does not cover cosmetic damage and you gave out incorrect advice about AC+.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68030
Jan 27, 2011
Your experience was obviously an exception to what the AC+ states. You were lucky is all. AC+ normally does not cover cosmetic damage and you gave out incorrect advice about AC+.
I’d say real-life experience is hardly incorrect. In fact I’d argue it’s more valuable than all these Google Law student comments here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.