Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WeatherWeasel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Des Moines, Iowa
I got my watch today and it works. BUT I ordered it with the M/L band and it is still too tight. I could punch some homes in the band they sent, but does anyone know of any company that makes a larger, even a sport loop with the velcro?

I guess Apple hasn't figured that there are a group of us out here that have a large wrist.

Richard10250

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2023
I have a large circumference wrist as well. Suggest you consider (1) searching Amazon for XL apple watch wrist bands or (2) go to etsy and find someone to make you a custom length band.

In case you bought a Ultra watch, Apple sells an extra long band that is meant for wearing over a wet suit. It will be way too long, but it can be trimmed for length.

My path was to find a seller on etsy to make a custom length leather band. It has worked well for me. A bit of a hassle, but it allows me to enjoy my now 3rd apple watch.

Good luck

WeatherWeasel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Des Moines, Iowa
I have a large circumference wrist as well. Suggest you consider (1) searching Amazon for XL apple watch wrist bands or (2) go to etsy and find someone to make you a custom length band.

In case you bought a Ultra watch, Apple sells an extra long band that is meant for wearing over a wet suit. It will be way too long, but it can be trimmed for length.

My path was to find a seller on etsy to make a custom length leather band. It has worked well for me. A bit of a hassle, but it allows me to enjoy my now 3rd apple watch.

Good luck
I ordered one from Amazon and they overnighted it, fits well. I would do the Snoopy happy dance but won't

WeatherWeasel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Des Moines, Iowa
I looked on Amazon and they had one band, a midnight grey that strangely Apple sells it,but I got it overnight, it works. doesn't look too bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.