Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2022
Hey there! Today there was a big storm with rain I’ve never seen before. The streets were POOLS of water and there was a mini tornado reported.

I was coming home from my classes and my MacBook Pro 14” M1 Pro was in my bag which is kind of water resistant.

When I opened the bag, my MacBook was wet with water dripping from the screen but it wasn’t like, completely soaked. It turned on and off multiple times and now it’s completely fine BUT there’s a water mark behind the screen!

I tried drying it with a hairdryer and it’s not going away. The water mark isn’t too big to interrupt my work but I don’t have money for a screen replacement since I bought the MacBook a month ago for 2349€ in my country.

Does anyone know a way of trying to make the water mark go away or make it less accentuated?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

theorist9

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2015
If your country doesn't have Apple Care, I'm guessing it doesn't have either an Apple number you could call for advice, or an Apple Store you could visit, right?

If that stain is because there's still some water there, it's possible it might eventually evaporate on its own. You might try speeding it up by putting it in a sealed container with a large quantity of silica gel packs, which act as a drying agent. Some people use rice, but I would not recommend that. On the second page of this thread some people seem to have experienced the same thing you did:

itsZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2022
If your country doesn't have Apple Care, I'm guessing it doesn't have either an Apple number you could call for advice, or an Apple Store you could visit, right?

If that stain is because there's still some water there, it's possible it might eventually evaporate on its own. You might try speeding it up by putting it in a sealed container with a large quantity of silica gel packs, which act as a drying agent. Some people use rice, but I would not recommend that. On the second page of this thread some people seem to have experienced the same thing you did:

No , we have nothing Apple Official besides the website. The mark appears to be fading out, it got way thinner but, there might be something on my microfone since I was video calling my therapist via the WhatsApp app for Mac and sometimes she couldn't hear me! She said the audio was pretty normal when she could hear me and when she couldn't, it sounded like something was making an interference, like the sound of a loose cable in an audio device. Hoping it's software but still left me concerned.

Also, thanks for the link! Ill check it out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.