Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Username Required

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2022
Hey, I want to switch out my graphics card to another computer and the website gives me the choice to add graphics cards.
I was wondering if I would be able to switch around the graphics cards because I would still like to access my current Mac.
I have a mac pro 3,1 (early 2008)

and these are the graphics cards I can pick from the site.
Quadro NVS 310 LP

Quadro Q600 LP

and if these graphics cards don't work, do you know the more cheaper graphics cards still compatible with Mac Pro 3,1.
Boot screen & recovery mode doesn't matter. it just needs to boot and be able to hook up with at least one monitor.

AlexMaximus

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
A400M Base
The Quadros you mentioned will not work. You will need Mac GPUs or flashed PC Cards. You can find them on eBay. Cheaper gpus for the 3.1 are Nvidia 285 Mac edition, AMD Radeon sapphire 3870 Mac Edition (blue cooler), Nvidia 120GT, AMD Radeon4870, Nvidia Gforce EVGA 680 Mac Edition and AMD Radeon 7850 Mac Edition from Saphire 9white shroud) Most of those cards can be had as a flashed PC Card for Mac as well as close relatives Of the mentioned models. There have been a view quadros available such as Quadro 4000 Mac edition or the Quadro K5000 PNY .Mac Edition.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Look at this post below:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.