Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dough50

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2017
I installed the 14.2 update and I am pretty sure the grouping hit the Email app as well. I really don't like it and can't find any way to turn it off!! Hopefully, someone will find a way to turn the 'grouping' off so that we get the choice of whether we want it or not.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I installed the 14.2 update and I am pretty sure the grouping hit the Email app as well. I really don't like it and can't find any way to turn it off!! Hopefully, someone will find a way to turn the 'grouping' off so that we get the choice of whether we want it or not.
What exactly do you mean by "grouping hit the email app as well"?

dough50

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2017
I'm not sure what criteria is being used to link separate emails into 'conversations', but yesterday morning I flagged an email, installed 14.2, and after 14.2 the email that I flagged was not in my inbox list of emails. I eventually found the flagged email posted as part of a 'conversation' with only the last email in the 'conversation' showing in my inbox. To make the situation worse, in moving the flagged email down it lost the flag I had put on.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm not sure what criteria is being used to link separate emails into 'conversations', but yesterday morning I flagged an email, installed 14.2, and after 14.2 the email that I flagged was not in my inbox list of emails. I eventually found the flagged email posted as part of a 'conversation' with only the last email in the 'conversation' showing in my inbox. To make the situation worse, in moving the flagged email down it lost the flag I had put on.
Have you checked (and perhaps tried changing) some settings in the Threading section of Settings > Mail?

dough50

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2017
in Settings > Mail the 'Organize by Thread' was turned on. Is this a new option and is it turned on by default? There are at least 5 options for 'Threading', which I don't recall seeing before and don't ever remember setting or changing. Is this whole 'Threading' new with 14.2?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
in Settings > Mail the 'Organize by Thread' was turned on. Is this a new option and is it turned on by default? There are at least 5 options for 'Threading', which I don't recall seeing before and don't ever remember setting or changing. Is this whole 'Threading' new with 14.2?
Most of have been there for quite a few iOS versions. Sounds like something might have gotten enabled with the update for some reason. Not typical, but occasionally something along the lines of some option getting enabled or disabled has happened. Should be something you can change back to what you want and had before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.