Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Since upgrading to Mojave, group MMS messages fail to send and receive in Messages. They're still sending and receiving fine on my iPhone XS Max.

I've tried disabling and enabling the iMessage account in the Messages preferences. I've also signed out and back into the account in the Messages preferences.

Normal iMessages send/receive without issue though messages to Android users can hang quite a while before they compete sending.

mox358

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2002
Indiana
Did you happen to get a new phone this year? After upgrading to an XS I’ve had lots of weird problem with Text message forwarding, handoff, continuity, etc.. If you’re having a similar issue, I’m so far leaning towards the problem actually being a bug in iOS, but I haven’t solved it.

Do regular single recipient text messages send ok?

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Yup, upgraded to the XS Max.

I'm getting iMessages but not messages to Android users on my Mac at this point.

mox358

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2002
Indiana
Yup.. my iMessages work great across devices (Mac, iPad, iPhone) but regular text messages from Android users are no longer being forwarded to my Mac or iPad. I've logged in and out of iMessage and iCloud; disabled my old phone, tried turning off text message forwarding and changing Messages defaults to an email instead of phone and back. None of that worked.

Did you by chance do the automatic restore where you just let your old phone lay by your new XS Max? I tried that for the first time this year and I'm wondering if that isn't the culprit.

mox358

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2002
Indiana
Yea it seems like we’re both suffering from th same bug. I’m going to try and contact Apple support. I’ll let you know if I find a solution

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Yea it seems like we’re both suffering from th same bug. I’m going to try and contact Apple support. I’ll let you know if I find a solution

Thank you. I posted on their support forums but haven't gotten any response.

mox358

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2002
Indiana
Thank you. I posted on their support forums but haven't gotten any response.

I have been swamped and forgot to contact Apple support. I was pleased to find that 12.1 seems to have fixed the bug though. Been using my iPad and watch this morning to send MMS messages. Hopefully you see the same result.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.