Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PittsyRS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
Hi Everyone,

First time poster long time lurker :p

I'm currently running a flashed 2009 MacPro 4,1 (5,1) and was happily using El Capitan with a GTX 970 4GB and the Web Drivers. After upgrading to Sierra (and updating the Nvidia Web drivers) the card is no longer seen in the OS :(

OS Version: 10.12.1 (16B2555)
Nvidia Web Driver Version: 367.15.10.15f01

Has anyone else had this issues? Any solutions out there?

Thanks very much!

tracer1

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
SC
What about the cuda drivers? If you're getting a black screen on boot ( actually Non boot ), it's the Nvidia drivers. If you have or still have the GT120, put it in, reinstall the drivers, shut down the mac, put in the 970 & it should boot. Macvidcards has a list that shows what driver is need for each OSX. I can probably dig up the link if you need it.
Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: PittsyRS

PittsyRS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
What about the cuda drivers? If you're getting a black screen on boot ( actually Non boot ), it's the Nvidia drivers. If you have or still have the GT120, put it in, reinstall the drivers, shut down the mac, put in the 970 & it should boot. Macvidcards has a list that shows what driver is need for each OSX. I can probably dig up the link if you need it.
Cheers

Thanks for your response! I had to switch back to the GT120 for a little bit :( I finally got it working after an update of the Nvidia Webdrivers. My machine is currently sitting on Version 367.15.10.25f01 and OS Sierra 10.12.2. Oh and CUDA version 8.0.63.

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.