Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fgduthie

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Hi,

I'm currently trying to update my collection of DVD's to Digital files and some dvd's have an issues with Handbrake of being unable to scan the source material. The last time I tried to scan the discs (before Christmas so still OSx 10.10) they worked instantly. This time they seem to be causing issues, but this maybe because on the disc there is only a video folder (with embedded audio) as opposed to a separate Audio folder. I think this, because with other dvd's that have both folders there is no issues.

Can anyone suggest any way to fix this, or suggest alternative programs for ripping these files?

Many thanks

eltoslightfoot

macrumors 68020
Feb 25, 2011
Unfortunately I don't think so. You can sometimes get it in those 10 Mac apps for ____ that are sometime out there. The only time it has failed on for me is Frozen. Otherwise it is rock solid and easy to use.

fgduthie

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Cool cheers, I have found a free trial so once I get it downloaded then I shall see if that works. Right now my issue seems to be with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but the discs which worked back in October/November time seem to not work. I don't know if it's a El Capitan issue or just a general issue

Reactions: eltoslightfoot
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.