Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giffel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2017
After updating my AW series 6 to WatchOS 7.1 i don't hear any sounds when Handwash activates/finishes, I only get the haptic feedback, checked the settings and everything looks correct.
Anyone else experiencing this or have any solutions?

Undertakercl

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2011
I noticed the same "behavior" but not the same as you: I'm getting the haptic and sounds when it finishes, but not getting any sound or haptic when it activates. GPS-Only Watch SE with 7.1 (freshly installed).

Regards.

Deliro

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2011
After updating my AW series 6 to WatchOS 7.1 i don't hear any sounds when Handwash activates/finishes, I only get the haptic feedback, checked the settings and everything looks correct.
Anyone else experiencing this or have any solutions?

Excuse the snotty comment here but I sure hope apple didn’t pull more than one resource to add this useless feature.

Reactions: Undertakercl

Runs For Fun

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2017
I noticed the same "behavior" but not the same as you: I'm getting the haptic and sounds when it finishes, but not getting any sound or haptic when it activates. GPS-Only Watch SE with 7.1 (freshly installed).

Regards.
Yep this is the same issue I am having. I get the sound and haptics when it finishes but not when it starts. This started after upgrading to 7.1. I was just about to make a thread about this.

Reactions: Giffel

Undertakercl

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2011
Yep this is the same issue I am having. I get the sound and haptics when it finishes but not when it starts. This started after upgrading to 7.1. I was just about to make a thread about this.
Alright, so this is a thing and should be widespread. It remains to be seen whether it's a bug or an intentional modification on how this function actually works.

Reactions: Giffel

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I can confirm that they have removed it, the start sound that is, with a recent update. But I do get full haptics and sound at the end. I’m assuming the OP has restarted his watch?

Reactions: tgara

Giffel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2017
I can confirm that they have removed it, the start sound that is, with a recent update. But I do get full haptics and sound at the end. I’m assuming the OP has restarted his watch?
It has been restarted and unpaired ;)

Giffel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2017
I’m guessing all of the sounds are okay? What about disabling hand washing and then restart the watch. And then re-enable it? Certainly a strange one.
Yes all other sounds are ok.
I will try disabling and then restart :)

Flexigem

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
Confirm the missing start sound when updating to 7.1. Whether intentionally or not remains

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.