Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kris_A

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2015
I have been using my new air 11" for a week and I brought it with me when i were outside to many places.
I put my Air into a sleeve case (Snugg) and put into my back pack.
I have seen some using the hard shell case (for example from Incipit feather case). I like it's so sleek!
So i have an idea that it would be convenient if i just put the Air hardshell case so I can put it directly into my bag pack.
As I did some research, here and there, I saw many mentioned the issue about the heat and easy-to-crack (when u remove or insert).

What do you guys think? Is it better than putting in a sleeve? and is it matter a lot for the heat problem putting it in the hardshell case? Any good case that you could recommend ?

Thank you and wish you all a Happy new year!

Dweez

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2011
Down by the river
I had the Incipio Feather on an MBA and a MPB, but found the design to be a bit "fragile" as the clips which held the case onto the machines had a tendancy to break off after time. My current favorite is the Moshi iGlaze. I've had one on both my MBA and MBP for the past couple of years - GREAT product. It's not an inexpensive product, but I've found that I got what I paid for. :)

Heat problems? Not at all.

$0.02 worth.

Reactions: Kris_A

Kris_A

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2015
Thank you Dweez for the insight and recommendation. It's look very clean and sleek indeed.
:)

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I had a clear hard plastic speck case on my 11 inch air for a while but the case got scratched and a lot of dirt got trapped underneath. In the end I took it off. It's been naked for a few months now. I hair use a pouch type case to store it in when not in use.

Reactions: Kris_A

Kris_A

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2015
I had a clear hard plastic speck case on my 11 inch air for a while but the case got scratched and a lot of dirt got trapped underneath. In the end I took it off. It's been naked for a few months now. I hair use a pouch type case to store it in when not in use.

There are many said that it's better to use it naked (due to the heat, dust, or better in using experiences), and put it into the sleeve or bag to protect when not in use or traveling. I am just thinking like if i put it in the case then I can use it instantly from my bag pack. But again, I'm not sure it's really a good idea to use just like that or in the end I have to put another pouch over it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.