Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Techno21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
In the evening, I got a notification from UPS iPhone app that a package will be delivered tomorrow. When I checked the UPS app it showed the package was from Apple and will be delivered tomorrow. However, the only problem is that the package is still in China so its very unlikely that it will reach US by tomorrow. But its interesting because the only thing that I bought from Apple is iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Jet Black that has a shipping date of Oct 4 - Oct 10.
Also the package weighs 1.2KGS, if one with iPhone 7 Plus shipped on UPS can check the weight of the package and post, that will be great.

Attachments

• UPS_app.jpg
    UPS_app.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 289

starbright01

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2015
My Rose gold Apple Watch changed from ready to delivering to processing. :(
Then my Rose gold iphone + 128 changed to processing.
Both have October dates tho still

Last edited:

SR42

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Did you try track by reference?
What does your order say on Apple website?

Techno21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
Did you try track by reference?
What does your order say on Apple website?
Apple says Processing Items. And the tracking number from UPS says Order Processed : Ready for UPS. Estimated Delivery 9/16/16.
However, the package progress on UPS website shows order is in Suzhou, China.

hellopupy

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2016
Los Angeles
That is insane, what is going on? Might be a glitch or mistake since nobody else is reporting a similar scenario.

Well I guess we'll find out tomorrow. If you really do end up getting a special delivery, I'll have a lot more hope for my order.

Techno21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
Did you order any accessories?
No. Just the iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black.
The other thing is I ordered my iPhone at 12:06 PST and got a confirmation email at 12:07. And most people who ordered before 12:09 got late September shipping date, but I got October 4-10th. Ugh!

Last edited:

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
I have read that some people believe it is the trade in return packet for the trade in 6/6s $650 24 mo credit promotion that all of the major carriers are offering. Since your order is ready for shipping, that triggers the return packet to be sent out. Maybe??

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
In the evening, I got a notification from UPS iPhone app that a package will be delivered tomorrow. When I checked the UPS app it showed the package was from Apple and will be delivered tomorrow. However, the only problem is that the package is still in China so its very unlikely that it will reach US by tomorrow. But its interesting because the only thing that I bought from Apple is iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Jet Black that has a shipping date of Oct 4 - Oct 10.
Also the package weighs 1.2KGS, if one with iPhone 7 Plus shipped on UPS can check the weight of the package and post, that will be great.

Same phone and color with same estimated delivery. I'm hoping this means mine will ship soon as well. What carrier is it for?

Techno21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
I have read that some people believe it is the trade in return packet for the trade in 6/6s $650 24 mo credit promotion that all of the major carriers are offering. Since your order is ready for shipping, that triggers the return packet to be sent out. Maybe??
I am not trading my current phone. I bought the iPhone 7 plus unlocked and full price from Apple.com

Techno21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
Still no movement on the order, also UPS still has shipping notification, but no delivery date now. Also I read on the forum that many people have started getting early delivery for Jet Black phone. I am just hoping that I also get my phone as soon as possible.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I was in the 10/4 - 10/10 window for two AT&T jet black iPhone 7 Pluses. Both have shipped as of this morning and they will be here by Wednesday at the latest. 3:11 and 3:14 confirmation times.

Had them held for pickup at my local UPS customer center and the rep that confirmed the change said I should actually be able to pick them up tomorrow (i.e. a day earlier than the quoted date of 9/21) so we'll see how that goes.

Reactions: Techno21
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.