Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paddrino

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2009
Louisville, KY
Any time a deal this good is online it is most likely one of those bait and switch tactics. You'll need to call in to "complete you order" and when you do they say they don't have it in stock but have this other "great deal" which is usually 2x the price of a typical respectable online reseller.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
If you find it well below what adorama or BH photo has its fraud. The order process for these places goes like this: (I know first hand I had to buy a 5D from one in a pinch when my 5D took a dive in a pool. It sucked because I knew I was gonna get scammed but I needed the camera)

You place your order, order goes through, but then a little later you see a "problem with your order" message and you call.

You call, and they make up some ******** of "oh we don't have the model you wanted, we only have the model with the METAL lens mount (or some other rediculous BS such as the "international package" and whatever BS they can come up with). Well this model costs xxx dollars more, then some fast talking sales guy gets on the phone and tries to upsell you generic accessories etc etc and you end up paying more then what you would in a store and GOOD LUCK if you try and return anything.

As for me I called and said "I know your a scam site but I need a camera, I dont want any extra stuff, what will it cost" and the guy was actually honest and said "$3400" (which was $200 more then a new 5D at the time) Although their website said "$2500".

I did get my 5D and a ton of crap generic accessories lol just in time for the wedding I needed it for.

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
There is lots of buyer experience with Sonic Cameras. You can read the reviews at http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sonic_Cameras. Note their overall score, but be sure to scroll down and read the 330 reviews. I suspect you'll only have to read a page or two to get the idea.

You can also read their BBB entry at http://search.newyork.bbb.org/reports.aspx?id=101448

Here's one of Don Wiss' photos of their storefront.

tn0005.jpg

blownco

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2008
CA
Thanks for all the help fellas and ladies if there are any that posted lol but Ive decided not to purchase from them guess ill have to keep looking..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.