Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eliehass

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
I have a USB-C to Lightning cable, and I loved being able to charge my iPad Pro through the port on the magic keyboard while charging my phone by connecting to the iPad Pro via the USB-C port. That way both devices can charge while using only one outlet. For some reason, although the MagSafe charger uses USB-C as well, when I connect it to the iPad Pro it provides no charge to the phone...

ghosttrooper

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2017
Lol I never even thought of that, but I just tried it and it didn't work for me. Guessing it doesn't output enough wattage or its software limited.

eliehass

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Update: I never got the apple MagSafe charger to work from my iPad to my iPhone, but I recently got this from Belkin: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/HPT72ZM/A/belkin-boost↑charge™-pro-portable-wireless-charger-pad-with-magsafe-special-edition?afid=p239%7C482924&cid=aos-us-aff-ir

It works like a charm, I can plug it into the USB-C port on my iPad and it charges my iPhone no problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.