Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hibikigau

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2016
Been out in the market looking for an autofill app for my device and I stumbled upon an app called fillr

app website - http://fillr.com/1

On the page they are claiming that they are the "safest" autofill app with military grade encryption...? I'm a bit skeptical on apps that I put my data in. It'd be great to know if there are any users here that uses the app and know your input/experience about the so called "most intelligent" autofill app that they market.

WordsmithMR

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2015
Murica
I feel comfortable with my data being stored in it after looking into it. I tried it out for a few weeks late last year. However, it doesn't do anything much more special than what is already built into the phones auto fill other than log how many key strokes you've saved... It also has no option to save to any cloud based service or even an account. Making it pretty worthless if you own multiple iOS devices or if you get a new device and don't do a full back up/restore for whatever reason.

Also I don't like that they actually have sent me emails in the past... It wasn't promoting anything other than new features... But when I submitted my email I was under the assumption it was for the app, not a mailing list.

hibikigau

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2016
I feel comfortable with my data being stored in it after looking into it. I tried it out for a few weeks late last year. However, it doesn't do anything much more special than what is already built into the phones auto fill other than log how many key strokes you've saved... It also has no option to save to any cloud based service or even an account. Making it pretty worthless if you own multiple iOS devices or if you get a new device and don't do a full back up/restore for whatever reason.

Also I don't like that they actually have sent me emails in the past... It wasn't promoting anything other than new features... But when I submitted my email I was under the assumption it was for the app, not a mailing list.

I see! Thanks! Reading up on their page they do highlight that they are faster than regular autofill apps and more accurate? Took the jump and played with Fillr for a bit and so far it does fill out a bit faster and it does not mess up my data unlike other autofill tools.

It kind of looks promising but I might give it a whirl for another couple of weeks to test out the reliability of their app.

I kind of agree with the cloud back up and I sure hope that they'd implement it in the near future.

hibikigau

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2016
UPDATE: after a few weeks of usage It pretty much delivers what it markets.

Accuracy is 95-100% and it also saves you the trouble of entering your password for they have a password autofil function.

Vezzi

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2016
Coconut Creek
UPDATE: after a few weeks of usage It pretty much delivers what it markets.

Accuracy is 95-100% and it also saves you the trouble of entering your password for they have a password autofil function.
95-100? Sounds like something I could definitely use!

hibikigau

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2016
95-100? Sounds like something I could definitely use!

It works really well! I kind of bumped into the app through reddit's supreme thread and so far the people there loved it and I gave it a shot! It ensembles with Safari quite well and it also shows you stats on how many keystrokes you've saved in your form filling quest!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.