Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Have you noticed dent or scuff on brand new MacBook Pro 2019

• Total voters

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
My 2019 15” mbp has dent on one of USB c port and a scuff on bottom corner. Did you had the same experience aftır unboxing?
Maybe some of you imagine a huge defect so you ignore tiny scratches dings or dents. But i especially mean these kind of tiny defects and i have added pictures

IMG_7377.JPG
IMG_7378.JPG

Last edited:

Sterkenburg

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
Japan
My 2018 has the tiniest of imperfections, a minuscule nick in the space grey coating on the upper lid.
The Genius candidly said that if I paid that much attention I was likely to find a little defect like that on any unit. Since the machine was already a replacement and I needed it to work, I decided to live with it. I'm a bit obsessive but I value my time and I can't afford to spend too much of it at an Apple Store.

That said, if it were a really noticeable dent (as opposed to something you notice only if you observe the laptop from some weird angle), I would have sent it back, they're expensive machines after all and you deserve to get one in mint condition.

Reactions: emraha06

sdp77

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2019
My 2019 15” mbp has dent on one of USB c port and a scuff on bottom corner. Did you had the same experience aftır unboxing?
Maybe some of you imagine a huge defect so you ignore tiny scratches dings or dents. But i especially mean these kind of tiny defects and i have added pictures

View attachment 865092 View attachment 865093
Have you bought it brand new? Or was it a replacement? Has it been shipped directly from China?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.