Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Camerondonal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
United Kingdom
As unimportant a change it may have been in the grand scheme of things, many of us were disappointed by the abrupt disappearance in macOS Monterey of the dynamic landscape wallpapers included in Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur. There was something compelling about the way these changed subtly to match the time of day, more so than the abstract swirls of colour Apple has favoured since. But during yesterday's unveiling of macOS Sonoma Craig F went out of his way to highlight the animated Apple TV-style screensavers that will be included and which will turn into desktop wallpaper once you've logged in. The image he showed looks awfully like an aerial view of Sonoma itself - exactly the kind of landscape shot that used to be used for the dynamic desktop feature - and remarkably, these new screensavers are the very first new feature highlighted on the Sonoma preview page. Now all we need is for these screensaver wallpapers to shift subtly as our days progress...
Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 18.07.09.png

Reactions: arthur486 and Brad7

temende

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2021
many of us were disappointed by the abrupt disappearance in macOS Monterey of the dynamic landscape wallpapers included in Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur
To clarify - you mean that macOS Monterey didn't include any new dynamic landscape wallpapers, correct? Even on Ventura I still have access to the dynamic wallpapers from Big Sur and Catalina (but not the one from Mojave).

Camerondonal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
United Kingdom
To clarify - you mean that macOS Monterey didn't include any new dynamic landscape wallpapers, correct? Even on Ventura I still have access to the dynamic wallpapers from Big Sur and Catalina (but not the one from Mojave).
Yes, that is indeed what I meant: no new landscape wallpapers were added. You're right to say the previous ones were not removed (apart from the Mojave desert landscape, which can be downloaded online)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.