Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aeterno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2018
Have been having issues with JPG QuickLook Finder previews since I got this laptop early this year (Macbook Pro 2017 15" 2.9 GHz currently on 10.13.4). Updated the OS several times from the version that came stock without any results. Was able to drastically reduce .CR2 preview load times with the Raw Right Now app but haven't come across any similar plugins for JPGs. Can anyone comment on their experience on the new operating system (Mojave) for JPG QuickLook Finder previews? Has load time decreased? Alternatively, are there any plugins that may improve my current experience without updating?

aeterno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2018
Have been having issues with JPG QuickLook Finder previews since I got this laptop early this year (Macbook Pro 2017 15" 2.9 GHz currently on 10.13.4). Updated the OS several times from the version that came stock without any results. Was able to drastically reduce .CR2 preview load times with the Raw Right Now app but haven't come across any similar plugins for JPGs. Can anyone comment on their experience on the new operating system (Mojave) for JPG QuickLook Finder previews? Has load time decreased? Alternatively, are there any plugins that may improve my current experience without updating?

This is the original thread that I posted several months ago about a similar issue: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/slow-finder-preview-of-raw-files.2113414/#post-25954563

VanNess

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2005
California
There are other issues concerning jpegs and Mojave but I haven't had issues with quicklook loading times (so far). Most of my files are Nikon jpegs 4496x3000 and 8-9 mb on average. I did have issues with early versions of HS, where quicklook jpegs would initially load quickly but would slow down after use. Low Sierra didn't have any issues at all. 2015 iMac 27 for what it's worth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.