Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VisceralRealist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2023
Long Beach, California
I've been disappointed with the performance of Safari lately. I have no idea whether it's related to the recent update or not, but I encountered two different websites not functioning properly on Safari yesterday.

One was Discogs, a website for buying and selling CDs and vinyl records. I've used it many times before on Safari, albeit my order history shows I hadn't placed an order since early this year. While I was attempting to order some CDs from Discogs yesterday, I kept clicking on "Checkout Now" after adding items to my cart only to find the "Checkout" page consisted of nothing but my shipping and billing address. I was so confused for a while, not knowing how to progress further with an order--I could've sworn there used to be "Pay with PayPal" or "Pay with Credit Card" buttons on this page.

Sure enough, I loaded the page in Chrome, and there were the buttons, beneath my address. For whatever reason, the buttons that allow you to actually complete a purchase do not load on Safari. No ad-blocker or VPN active at the time either. I tried re-launching Safari, but no, Discogs' checkout page is just broken.

Likewise, I encountered a similar issue with Apos Audio. A few days ago, I placed an order on that site with Safari, without issue. Yesterday I went to check the order status, and when I attempted to do so, the website crashed with a "something went wrong" message. I re-launched Safari and re-loaded the order status page, but nope, crashed again. I loaded the page on Chrome, no issues whatsoever.

I don't prefer Chrome. I would rather use Safari. But two websites in one day that just straight-up don't work on Safari, but work just fine on Chrome is a lot. Especially since these are sites I've used before without issue and now they have issues for some reason.

Is there a way to report broken websites on Safari? Anyone have an idea what might be causing certain elements of the page to not display?

desertfool

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2013
Wisconsin
Security settings are breaking my bank's bill pay. It's a redirect to another site, and it looks like I have all the correct security settings the bank suggested, but still no worky. Frustrating.

linuxidiot81

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2024
I have a customer using our bank Bill Pay and the same issue is going on for her using iOS18. I saw another post for OS X 15 and advised her to wait on upgrading until I can find out more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.