Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jamesconnery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2016
USA
Recently bricked a HD 4870 with a bad flash and tried to re flash the card. I keep getting an 0FL01 error. Needless to say I cannot re flash with new bios as I keep getting no adapter found with ATI flash commands. Atiflash -i does not list the card even though both 6 pin power cords are connected, the fan is running. I have heard some ATI cards can be jumped and then re flashed. Can some one direct me to the chip location as I believe it is on the back of the card and which pins need to be jumped.

apple_iBoy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
Recently bricked a HD 4870 with a bad flash and tried to re flash the card. I keep getting an 0FL01 error. Needless to say I cannot re flash with new bios as I keep getting no adapter found with ATI flash commands. Atiflash -i does not list the card even though both 6 pin power cords are connected, the fan is running. I have heard some ATI cards can be jumped and then re flashed. Can some one direct me to the chip location as I believe it is on the back of the card and which pins need to be jumped.

I'm pretty sure I have one of these boxed up in a closet at home. No problems with it, I just swapped it for a 6870 at some point.

If the need arises, I'd be happy to part with the 4870 for the cost of shipping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.