Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
I watched the first half of the first episode of Stranger Things (yeah I know I’m super late) and it looked amazing on my iPhone. This display really is something. Kudos to Apple and Sammy. Absolutely loving this device

Jasonstevens

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2013
I just compared the same show on my 6 Plus and iPhone X. I can see a difference but like not one that’s a big deal lmao. If anything I like the overall brightness of the colours of the LCD better.

Last edited:

Zune55

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2015
I watched the first half of the first episode of Stranger Things (yeah I know I’m super late) and it looked amazing on my iPhone. This display really is something. Kudos to Apple and Sammy. Absolutely loving this device

Did you boought the show from iTunes?

Zune55

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2015
Watched it on Netflix, which fully supports HDR10 on the iPhone. Looks amazing. I’ll check out a movie on iTunes eventually, just to see what the quality is like

Ok thanks, do you know if HDR10 is same like Dolby vision or better?

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Watched it on Netflix, which fully supports HDR10 on the iPhone. Looks amazing. I’ll check out a movie on iTunes eventually, just to see what the quality is like

Stranger Things Season 1 isn’t in HDR, fyi. I’m not even convinced Netflix is working correctly in HDR even for shows that actually are HDR or Dolby Vision. Either way, picture quality is good on iPhone X, but motion is just terrible at 60hz. The 2017 iPad Pro line blow the iPhone X away with judder-free 24p playback.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.