Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simbo123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
Hi guys,

So Ive just got an update through for my free app Heart Analyzer.

Its quite a big one with a re-designed interface, better graphs for daytime and workout heart rates

**Plus** the app now has the ability to calculate when you went to sleep and woke up! Never have to tell your phone or watch ‘when you went to sleep’ or ‘I just woke up’ again. I always seemed to forget! The calculation **relies** on you wearing your Apple Watch at night but would really love feedback on how well it works for you.

You can turn off sleep analysis if you don’t want to wear your watch at night, but for those that do, please let us know how you find it!

The workout view is now much improved for the app as well as all graph thanks to the help of a new graph library, please let us know what you think, the app so far is built on user feedback and I plan to continue that in the future.

**85% of the changes suggestion in feedback has been implemented in V2**

I also plan to include the option to add sleep analysis values into the health app soon, this will mean you can use Heart Analyzer’s calculated sleep values with other apps!

Feedback @ simonedwardes.com would be amazing!

Cheers and thanks

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-store/id1006420410?pt=100400802&ct=link2&mt=8

herious89

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2015
Irvine
Is there a complication on this app? Watch app on iPhone says there's a complication but I don't see it when scrolling thru the complications on the watch.

simbo123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
Is there a complication on this app? Watch app on iPhone says there's a complication but I don't see it when scrolling thru the complications on the watch.
There is not a complication at this point. I do not know why the watch app says there is however it is something I plan to implement in the future when Apple have a firm grasp on their SDK for WatchOS

herious89

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2015
Irvine
What's the logic behind the auto calculate sleep/wake-up time? Does it drain the battery more than the start/end sleep manually?

Atreyu25

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2005
Like I told you on Reddit amigo, no real application here. I like the concept but not really useful at this point. Keep at it, hopefully v3 will introduce features other than "graphs." I wouldn't pay for the app at this point should you decide to make it a "pay app."

Also, this sucker is a battery killer. Like major killer.

simbo123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
Like I told you on Reddit amigo, no real application here. I like the concept but not really useful at this point. Keep at it, hopefully v3 will introduce features other than "graphs." I wouldn't pay for the app at this point should you decide to make it a "pay app."

Also, this sucker is a battery killer. Like major killer.

Oh well if you know how to get a days heart rate graph in the health app please let us know! And workouts! yea, how do i view workout heart rates in the health app! And sleep times! the health app will calculate those too! brill.

yea its free

As for the battery drain, it's an 8mb lite app with fairly optimised calculations that take all of seconds. Don't know where that came from but no one else has had issues

Ps. If theres other features you want please suggest them! I may be a developer but I can't magic this stuff up!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pravda

mbern1008

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2013
I came across this app earlier today and installed it. I really like it. Question for you though. The average heart rate it is showing in the daily HR view. Is it averaging all readings or just those not taken during a workout. I use a Polar HRM when working out and the watch connects to it and takes constant readings which is really spiking my average according your app. Resting HR should really be the average of those readings not taken during a workout. Not sure if it is something you are able to account for or not. Otherwise awesome job

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.