Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evalosad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2017
us
Hi thank you for reading i want to connect my PS3 to my
iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)
2,7 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
(1920 x 1080)
and i already have a thunderbolt converter to hdmi and i know i need something else of you guys can halp me i would apreciate a lot thank you.
[doublepost=1521839395][/doublepost]Would any of these work?

Attachments

• B8-6713-6.jpg
    B8-6713-6.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 897
  • 074c3db7545cae9678c5e9d726554549-catalog.jpg
    074c3db7545cae9678c5e9d726554549-catalog.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 420

Shadow Jolteon

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2018
Are you looking to use Target Display Mode for this, I'm guessing? If so, I believe this will not work, as the device on the other end would need to be using Thunderbolt, and even then the feature is fairly buggy. Here is another thread related to this topic.

If you're looking to stream or record from your console, then you will need a video capture card. They generally include software to allow you to record and stream your content, and many newer ones will also output HDMI to another device (like a television), since there is a bit of lag when displaying on your computer.

I use an Elgato GameCapture HD60S for recording and streaming Nintendo Switch and Wii U games, and it works pretty well. The Mac version of the software is a bit more limited and buggy than the Windows version for more advanced features, though. I've also used BlackMagic Design's products in the past, and they've been pretty good.

evalosad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2017
us
Are you looking to use Target Display Mode for this, I'm guessing? If so, I believe this will not work, as the device on the other end would need to be using Thunderbolt, and even then the feature is fairly buggy. Here is another thread related to this topic.

If you're looking to stream or record from your console, then you will need a video capture card. They generally include software to allow you to record and stream your content, and many newer ones will also output HDMI to another device (like a television), since there is a bit of lag when displaying on your computer.

I use an Elgato GameCapture HD60S for recording and streaming Nintendo Switch and Wii U games, and it works pretty well. The Mac version of the software is a bit more limited and buggy than the Windows version for more advanced features, though. I've also used BlackMagic Design's products in the past, and they've been pretty good.

Hello and thank you for the help i don't know sooo much about computers but i just want to use my mac to play ps3 too i dont want to stream or do videos cuz im not good at that hehe but i just need a tool that alows me to conect my ps3 and play ...but i really couldnt find a video that explains it cuz i have a thunderbolt to hdmi so i would need a hdim to hdim converter i dont kow if you understand me ...but those from the pictures would work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.