Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeanvigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2017
Hi guys
I am looking for a hub that has the hdmi, the sd card slot, of course the usb. I have seen the Satechi one it looks cool and is not so expansive but is missing the hdmi. Any suggestion?

jeanvigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2017
Not sure about what you mean. What I am after would be something that I can plug to a macbook 15" 2016 with touch bar, that can be powerd by the computer. Basically I don't want several adaptors and I was looking for one hub with the ports I listed above.

BiteSizeThumb

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2016
Not sure about what you mean. What I am after would be something that I can plug to a macbook 15" 2016 with touch bar, that can be powerd by the computer. Basically I don't want several adaptors and I was looking for one hub with the ports I listed above.

This seems to be what you're looking for: https://www.amazon.ca/HooToo-Delive...qid=1487273788&sr=8-29&keywords=usb-c+to+hdmi

However there's mixed reviews on it. I've never used it, but delivering power while on HDMI and USB through a single USB-C port, especially on a 15" model, is a bit tough.

lambertjohn

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2012
Dang that thing is so nice it'd make me consider getting the new MacBook Pro.

Sure it would be better if the new MBP had more ports, but this thing isn't a bad solution at all.

It's a terrible solution. It's a step back in time. This is 2017 for goodness sakes. Why couldn't Apple have just built-in all the ports we need without asking us to buy some ridiculous metal dongle that hangs off the side of our $2k computer? Oh wait, they did...in 2015!

jeanvigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2017
It looks like the one I need. Thanks man. it is similar to the satechi one but it has the hdmi included. question: is it already on the market or they are still producing it?
[doublepost=1487345710][/doublepost]
It's a terrible solution. It's a step back in time. This is 2017 for goodness sakes. Why couldn't Apple have just built-in all the ports we need without asking us to buy some ridiculous metal dongle that hangs off the side of our $2k computer? Oh wait, they did...in 2015!
You know what? I was thinking the same and I was going to buy a 2015 mbp, but I kept searching for infos and I realized that for a common use the 2015 one is probably the best choice but if you edit videos as I do, there is no comparison there. The new macbook is lightning faster, of course the ports sound like a pain in the ass but more and more companies are usbc oriented wich means in a few month you will find devices that will fit natively on your new port.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA

I said it's a better solution than dongles, but ***OBVIOUSLY*** ISN'T AS GOOD AS HAVING THE PORTS BUILT IN!

ZapNZs

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2017
Do you want a Thunderbolt 3 hub?
I've had very good experiences with TB2 CalDigit hubs (although no experience with their TB3 Station, which I think they are about to start shipping.) However, I'm not sure how well their new USB-C and TB3 products meet your specific needs

jeanvigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2017
Do you want a Thunderbolt 3 hub?
I've had very good experiences with TB2 CalDigit hubs (although no experience with their TB3 Station, which I think they are about to start shipping.) However, I'm not sure how well their new USB-C and TB3 products meet your specific needs
Thanks for the suggestion, that is a very good product, but the one I am after is meant for a Macbook pro. it needs to take power from the computer. I have to use it on the go. Probably one of the best solution for a desktop mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.