Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ozreth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
I had a Sony cybershot that i got for a gift, it took great pictures but I didn't get much use out of it before it died on me.

Anyways I'm i'm looking to get the canon sd1400 IS, is this a good deal at $229? Will the photos be as nice as my dsct300 cybershot? I don't know mu h about these things, just looking for a good point and shoot for random trips and outtings. Also like that it shoots HD video as I'll probably use it for some light video blogging. my only concern so far is that it may be a bit hard to stabalize when taking pics because is the small size.

Thanks!

TheNewDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
Yeah it's a very good camera...

1. It is very small.
2. It has the latest Canon Digic IV processor.
3. Has Canon's 14MP sensor.
4. Has cool features like colour accents, fish eye effect, skin tone changing effects
5. Canon's reputable picture quality.
6. Mini HDMI output.
7. Hi-Def video recording

ozreth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
Awesome thank you for the feedback, sounds promising : )

You don't think it will be hard to stabilize due to the small size?

Also, to make sure we are on the same page, its the Powershot SD1400 IS Digital Elph, not sure if there are other 1400's?

thomahawk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2008
Osaka, Japan
It is a good camera, I'm thinking of buying one myself, or an S90.

I find Canon's autofocus system and its intelligence of when to do a proper flash much much more appealing over a Sony Cybershot.

Canon all the way!

ozreth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
It is a good camera, I'm thinking of buying one myself, or an S90.

I find Canon's autofocus system and its intelligence of when to do a proper flash much much more appealing over a Sony Cybershot.

Canon all the way!

Good to hear. Thanks : ) I already went and bought it, happy so far!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.