Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxVOXxx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2020
I currently have an AppleTV 4 running tvOS 13 and need to turn off all device verification (mandatory one time passcode) for airplay. This has apparently been broken since tvOS 10.2 according to what I could find on the subject. I had been using an older AppleTV 2 for years with all of my devices airplaying perfectly with no security code enabled. Also I need to use AirFoil to play audio in sync to multiple airplay devices and that is now broken for the ATV4 because of device verification. My old laptop running Mountain Lion cannot screen mirror anymore either. How can I permanently turn this new "feature" off so my devices work properly again? It forces a one time 4 digit code no matter what I do. Any help would be appreciated here.

MBP running Mountain Lion also gets error "200403" when trying to mirror to ATV4 but CAN for some reason stream audio directly from iTunes and only iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.