Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allseejat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2016
So I had gotten my battery fixed on my iphone 6 , It worked fine . The it started doing this thing where the screen would go black and pressing the power/home would not do anything. Next it died and it would show the battery then the apple logo and repeat . I went to the store thought it was a battery problem . Nope the tried switching it three times nothing. He said it was a software problem . Anyway to fix this??

Problem :
- dead battery sign then apple logo (repeat)

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
Who worked on the phone? I'm going with some one other than Apple. If so, you may be out of luck as getting into these newer phone often ends up in a hardware related glitch that goes into a software situation in which the phone ultimately needs to be replaced. A lot of people that go in for just a screen replacement at their local mall run into this same thing

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
First you need to use iTunes and try to restore it. Since its in a boot loop, it's not going to be easy. I recommend googling DFU restore because something tells me you'll get to a point where that's your only option..... And if that doesn't work, then I'm not sure anything can.

Edit: I'm assuming you can't or don't want to take it to an Apple Store..... Which would be the best idea.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Yes , this a jailbreak question . I posed it here because the device is jailbroken.
Jailbreak cannot affect hardware. You've limited response to your question by confining it to the JB forum.

You said you got your battery fixed. I'd take it back to the person that 'fixed' it. Obviously they either gave you a bad battery that only worked for a while or their repair was bad. They should fix it.

Reactions: StarkCity

allseejat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2016
Jailbreak cannot affect hardware. You've limited response to your question by confining it to the JB forum.

You said you got your battery fixed. I'd take it back to the person that 'fixed' it. Obviously they either gave you a bad battery that only worked for a while or their repair was bad. They should fix it.
The battery is fine , I just restored the phone and it working great , Thanks.

Reactions: StarkCity
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.