Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SJennnil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2017
I am not savvy with tech terms but earlier I clicked on a link in an email thinking it was something important. The link took me no where after it tried to load to safari, then to google drive. At first I thought it was my faulty browser, so I (stupidly) clicked on it again and again. But it never showed anything. Is there something I should do? Now I feel stupid for clicking the link at all. Help!

IHelpId10t5

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2014
If you are using a Mac with all updates installed then you are most likely just fine unless you were prompted for and provided your Mac's admin user credentials.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I am not savvy with tech terms but earlier I clicked on a link in an email thinking it was something important. The link took me no where after it tried to load to safari, then to google drive. At first I thought it was my faulty browser, so I (stupidly) clicked on it again and again. But it never showed anything. Is there something I should do? Now I feel stupid for clicking the link at all. Help!
If you are using a Mac with all updates installed then you are most likely just fine unless you were prompted for and provided your Mac's admin user credentials.
Given that this is in the iPhone forum, it sounds like this would likely be iPhone related. Then again, it might have been posted in the wrong place (if clicking was really meant as clicking rather than tapping basically).

Last edited:

IHelpId10t5

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2014
Crap, you are right "C DM". In the case of iOS, SJennnil is almost certainly unharmed by clicking the link unless the iOS is extremely out of date and the email was a highly targeted spearphising attack.

SJennnil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2017
Given that this is in the iPhone forum, it sounds like this would likely be iPhone related. Then again, it might have been posted in the wrong place (if clicking was really meant as clicking rather than tapping basically).
I did open and tapped the link on my phone, hence I tagged iPhone. Now I realize my phone has been slower than usual, could that be the reason?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I did open and tapped the link on my phone, hence I tagged iPhone. Now I realize my phone has been slower than usual, could that be the reason?
Not likely. But, you can always clear history and data in Safari settings, and restart the phone if you haven't done that already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.