Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slix

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Hey all!

I've been wondering this for years and probably should have asked earlier, but here we are. I'm looking for an old Mac game that I used to play for a short time as a kid. I wasn't old enough to read apparently, or the name of the game was too complicated to read it, but I seem to remember a "Q" being in there somewhere. I've already checked the Macintosh Garden for Q games and can't find it in there. My dad had a MacAddict magazine subscription from I think 1995 to the early 2000s, so the game demo may have been in there. I have a lot of games from that era still on my PPCs, but it's not anywhere in my archive of old CDs that I can find still, at least. It was probably a pre-OS X game, but it may have been early OS X too.

The game was somewhat similar in design to Terraria, at least in this screenshot. It was dark, but less colorful, and the camera was looking on at the same angle, straight on. I think you played as some sort of mage or something. You could cast spells I think, and attack enemies and travel up and down the different areas in the map. I remember spending a long time trying different keys to figure out how to even play the game, so there must not have been a tutorial at all.

terraria-10908-1.jpg

Any help at all would be appreciated. I have no clue what else to say about it at this point. It was probably close to 20 years ago now. :p

Reactions: TheShortTimer

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
The only thing I can think of, based on what you mentioned, is Telengard.

However, that may have been some time before you. I played the game on a C64 during the summer of 1984 when I was 13. Kept me occupied the entire summer.

Reactions: Slix

Slix

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010

However, that may have been some time before you. I played the game on a C64 during the summer of 1984 when I was 13. Kept me occupied the entire summer.
I looked at some screenshots, I don’t think that was the game. The one I’m remembering was more modern, and had more details. It wasn’t as 8-bit-y. Thanks for trying to help though! I’ll have to look into that if I ever get some older machines.

Reactions: eyoungren

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Jan 1, 2018

They had that game for the TI- 99/4a also, but it was called Spacestation Pheta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.