Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raul Techmal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2018
hello . i have a1286 core i7 mac book pro . i cant boot from dvd drive and i cant boot from usb .
so i want to use windows 10 only . so my cuestion its .
i can put a hdd with windows 10 x64 to replace the original hdd ? . ( i install windows 10 in a pc ) sorry for my english

RickoDean

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2018
hello . i have a1286 core i7 mac book pro . i cant boot from dvd drive and i cant boot from usb .
so i want to use windows 10 only . so my cuestion its .
i can put a hdd with windows 10 x64 to replace the original hdd ? . ( i install windows 10 in a pc ) sorry for my english

Are you asking if you can install windows on a Mac computer or are you trying to reinstall OS X or Mac OS? If you are trying to reinstall Mac OS, power off your computer. Then

1. press & hold down the option key
2. Press power button to turn on your computer while continuing to hold down the option key.
3. As computer boots up, keep holding down the option key until you get to a screen to where your Mac HD, install disk & or usb drive appear on screen.
4. Release the option key then select the installer you wish to run. ie. Mac installer dvd or usb drive to begin installation

Raul Techmal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2018
Are you asking if you can install windows on a Mac computer or are you trying to reinstall OS X or Mac OS? If you are trying to reinstall Mac OS, power off your computer. Then

1. press & hold down the option key
2. Press power button to turn on your computer while continuing to hold down the option key.
3. As computer boots up, keep holding down the option key until you get to a screen to where your Mac HD, install disk & or usb drive appear on screen.
4. Release the option key then select the installer you wish to run. ie. Mac installer dvd or usb drive to begin installation
i cant boot in the computer . so my idea its install windows 10 in another hardware . ( on a pc ) and tis hdd put it on the mac . this can boot ?

RickoDean

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2018
i cant boot in the computer . so my idea its install windows 10 in another hardware . ( on a pc ) and tis hdd put it on the mac . this can boot ?

I’ve never tried to install windows on a Mac computer so I’m not sure how it will work. If your hard drive can’t boot then there must be something wrong with the motherboard or hard drive. By any chance, did you drop the device? A friend of mine dropped his & it wouldn’t boot up. He ended up putting it in the repair shop to have it fixed

Raul Techmal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2018
I’ve never tried to install windows on a Mac computer so I’m not sure how it will work. If your hard drive can’t boot then there must be something wrong with the motherboard or hard drive. By any chance, did you drop the device? A friend of mine dropped his & it wouldn’t boot up. He ended up putting it in the repair shop to have it fixed
ok thanks broo bless

Reactions: RickoDean

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
You can try to load Windows 10 a drive using a PC. Before installing the drive in the Macbook, make sure you change the hard drive controller to a standard AHCI or IDE in device manager just before putting it into the Macbook. If you don't, you may get stop errors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.