Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salino28351

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
My iPhone XS Max is running iOS 13 Beta 2 and my Apple Watch Series 4 is running WatchOS 6 beta 1. I cannot get beta 2 to install onto the watch. I have tried the following:

- Deleted the beta profile off watch and iPhone and then restarted both the watch and iPhone.
- Reinstalled beta profile on watch and iPhone and then restarted both devices again.
- Both are connected to same wifi and both show the beta 2 update is available.
- I tried installing from the watch directly but it tells me: [To install the update, view and accept terms on your iPhone]
- I then go into the apple watch app and install that way, and type my passcode in.
- It then changes to 'Downloading to watch' and the setting icon on the watch starts spinning and I see 'estimating time remaining...' and sometimes it gives me an actual time
- on the watch the 'Download and install' button is gone and I see 'Download to watch'

Now about like 5-10 seconds the screen on the watch like resets and I get the error message on my iPhone 'Software Update Failed' message.

This happens every single time I try. Ive tried it with the watch on my wrist as well as the watch on the charger itself and unlocked.

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance

chpthrll

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
Augusta,Ga
My iPhone XS Max is running iOS 13 Beta 2 and my Apple Watch Series 4 is running WatchOS 6 beta 1. I cannot get beta 2 to install onto the watch. I have tried the following:

- Deleted the beta profile off watch and iPhone and then restarted both the watch and iPhone.
- Reinstalled beta profile on watch and iPhone and then restarted both devices again.
- Both are connected to same wifi and both show the beta 2 update is available.
- I tried installing from the watch directly but it tells me: [To install the update, view and accept terms on your iPhone]
- I then go into the apple watch app and install that way, and type my passcode in.
- It then changes to 'Downloading to watch' and the setting icon on the watch starts spinning and I see 'estimating time remaining...' and sometimes it gives me an actual time
- on the watch the 'Download and install' button is gone and I see 'Download to watch'

Now about like 5-10 seconds the screen on the watch like resets and I get the error message on my iPhone 'Software Update Failed' message.

This happens every single time I try. Ive tried it with the watch on my wrist as well as the watch on the charger itself and unlocked.

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance
[doublepost=1561041536][/doublepost]I had the same problem,removed the watch profile,rebooted watch,reinstall profile and worked perfectly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.