Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aesthetics

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2017
Hello, I was attempting to jailbreak MY IPHONE 6 ON IOS 10.1.1 with yalu and immediately after pressing go, my phone screen went gray and is completely un responsive. No hard boot works, not charging indication nothing. PLEASE HELP!!!

CLIVEELEROO

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2017
Hello, I was attempting to jailbreak MY IPHONE 6 ON IOS 10.1.1 with yalu and immediately after pressing go, my phone screen went gray and is completely un responsive. No hard boot works, not charging indication nothing. PLEASE HELP!!!

If the reboot (power and home button doesn't work u may have to upgrade. Try it again I suppose.

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California

If hard resetting doesn't work, then allow the device to drain out until the batt dies. Screen will go black. Then try again

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I'm curious…

When you attempted to jailbreak, how much charge did you have on your device?

There was someone here a while back that had a device that acted dead because they were doing something jailbreak wise with a really low charge. They eventually managed to recover.

When jailbreaking you should either have a charge above 65% in my opinion, or have the device connected to a charger.

aesthetics

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2017
I'm curious…

There was someone here a while back that had a device that acted dead because they were doing something jailbreak wise with a really low charge. They eventually managed to recover.

When jailbreaking you should either have a charge above 65% in my opinion, or have the device connected to a charger.
I had a good amount of battery I don't remember how much but i was easily above 50%. Should i let the phone die and attempt to restart it then?
[doublepost=1496175527][/doublepost]
If hard resetting doesn't work, then allow the device to drain out until the batt dies. Screen will go black. Then try again
Ok, so when phone dies, attempt hard booting?
[doublepost=1496178792][/doublepost]
I'm curious…

Ok, so my phone died and when i press power it says dead battery. Hard reboot now?

Reactions: StarkCity

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
I had a good amount of battery I don't remember how much but i was easily above 50%. Should i let the phone die and attempt to restart it then?
[doublepost=1496175527][/doublepost]
Ok, so when phone dies, attempt hard booting?
[doublepost=1496178792][/doublepost]
Ok, so my phone died and when i press power it says dead battery. Hard reboot now?

That's what I would do.... hopefully it comes back up without needing to restore via iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.