Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ruqui

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2013
I have a Macbook Pro 15" late 2013 and accidentally spilled water (with soap) over the Mac when I was cleaning the screen. Immediately, the screen looked bad and I immediately shut the computer down. After that, the screen is black (although it works perfectly, I've attached an external monitor and can use everything; also the video is somehow working, if I light the screen with a lantern then I see the screen).

Is there anything I can do to fix it? (besides sending the computer to the Authorized Service, I really need the computer for my daily work and don't have another one).

Thanks in advance for your help!

tubeexperience

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2016
I have a Macbook Pro 15" late 2013 and accidentally spilled water (with soap) over the Mac when I was cleaning the screen. Immediately, the screen looked bad and I immediately shut the computer down. After that, the screen is black (although it works perfectly, I've attached an external monitor and can use everything; also the video is somehow working, if I light the screen with a lantern then I see the screen).

Is there anything I can do to fix it? (besides sending the computer to the Authorized Service, I really need the computer for my daily work and don't have another one).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Disassembled and dry the laptop.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBoo...te+2013+Upper+Case+Assembly+Replacement/26370

Reactions: ruqui
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.