Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Proto Media

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
Gnar Cal
I just bought a casio 6mp EX-S600 from sharper image. It comes with a USB cradle, and when I hooked it all up after taking some pictures, it wont import in iPhoto. In the cameras settings, there is two options, one to use pictabridge, and the other to use USB. If I select USB, then a USB volume mounts on my desktop with a DCIM folder inside of it which I am presuming will have my pictures in it. So I guess I can get the pictures off if I really need to, but I would love for it to work flawlessly with iPhoto.

When I set it to use Pictabridge, no volume mounts on the desktop, and when i open iPhoto (manually) I do see a camera icon with "EX-S600" . Although the import button is grayed out and says "no images to import" or something to that nature.

so what I am wondering is A: does anyone have this camera and have it working with iPhoto.
B: does does anyone know any work arounds to get this thing to work.

I checked for updates on casio.com and updates the firmware to version 1.1 (from 1.0) but that didnt do anything. Is there anyway to "add" cameras to iphoto from a seperate driver list?

I checked apples website and it said it didnt support my exact model but that it supported a lot of other casio cameras, so i dont know what gives.

anyways, thanks a ton in advance to anyone who can help me.

- Ryan

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
I checked the site like you did and it doesn't look like that casio model is supported yet. Link. I use a usb reader to import to iPhoto. Do whatever works for you it might take a little longer but it works.

Nuc

Qianlong

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2004
i would buy an usb 2.0 or Firewire card reader. It's much faster to DL your pics onto the comp that way and it will save your cams battery life.

I think you can find readers for less than 25 USD.

Or you can wait untill Apple updates their supported cameras list.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
I agree. Get yourself a card reader and when the folder containing your pictures is on the computer, go to iPhoto>File>Import to Library and that will be the same as loading them directly from the camera.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
so did you ever get it to work?

i just got this camera (for christmas, but i could still return it)

do you like it? would you recommend it?

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.