Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ciaran2721

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2019
Can anyone please help me!!
I have replaced my MacBook Pro early 2015 (A1502) logic board and was working perfectly but I needed to replace the battery.

I bought a SLODA battery and is working however on startup the keyboard no longer responds, apart from the power button and buttons for SMC reset.

I have tried to boot the computer with the MagSafe only and disconnected the battery but the keyboard continues not to work. Could it be the volcanoes from the trackpad that has short circuited or the battery isn’t compatable.

External keyboard works, but even after disable FileVault the keyboard does not respond at all.

PLEASE HELP

Velin

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
One cheap and easy troubleshooting step: wipe the harddrive and do a clean install of the latest OSX version, as perhaps the keyboard isn't being recognized on a cold boot. Could be anything from chipset to BIOS to voltage issues, just a whole host of things as to why it's not getting recognized. Wiping everything with a clean OSX install will set your baseline.

If that doesn't fix it, you're going to have a more complex troubleshooting exercise on your hands, because then you need to throw in cable and connector troubleshooting at that point. Could even be something got smashed or busted on the motherboard, and unless you can do really fine soldering work, you've got a major problem on your hands. But you don't know that yet, so, do the clean OSX install first. If that doesn't fix it, bust out the pin register and LED headlamp, and pray you didn't snap a critical tin connection (been there, done that).

Ciaran2721

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2019
Tried a cold reboot and the keyboard still doesn’t respond but external does.

Could I have damaged the keyboard when connecting the battery before the cable from the trackpad to logic board??

Ciaran2721

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2019
One cheap and easy troubleshooting step: wipe the harddrive and do a clean install of the latest OSX version, as perhaps the keyboard isn't being recognized on a cold boot. Could be anything from chipset to BIOS to voltage issues, just a whole host of things as to why it's not getting recognized. Wiping everything with a clean OSX install will set your baseline.

If that doesn't fix it, you're going to have a more complex troubleshooting exercise on your hands, because then you need to throw in cable and connector troubleshooting at that point. Could even be something got smashed or busted on the motherboard, and unless you can do really fine soldering work, you've got a major problem on your hands. But you don't know that yet, so, do the clean OSX install first. If that doesn't fix it, bust out the pin register and LED headlamp, and pray you didn't snap a critical tin connection (been there, done that).

Replaced the tracks cable and it works!!! thanks for the help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.