Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grubush

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2017
Hey there! I'm new here and really need your help clearing up some questions.
I'm choosing between two MacBook pros 13'.

first one is priced at: 2 627,69 $ (Sweden)

Processor: Intel Core i7 6th gen, 3,3 GHz (3,6 max). Skylake.
ram: 16 gb LPDDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 550
Storage: 512 gb ssd.

Touchbar and touch ID is included aswell.

The second one is priced at: 2 321,89 $(Sweden)

processor: Intel Core i5 7th gen, 3,1 GHZ (3,5 max)
Ram: 8 Gb LPDDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650
Storage: 256 gb Ssd.
Touchbar and touch ID is included aswell.

My own opinion is the first one, but is it something I'm missing?
The first one is probably older and all of that, but it has better core specs, or am I wrong?

The difference I can find between the 6 th and 7 th gen Intel Is power efficancy, that's it right?

Best regards!

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
I Will run programs like Photoshop and logic.
I run a lot of programs at the same time.
That should help answer your own question - programs like these run better with more RAM. The Intel Graphics Pro should be fine as a GPU for Photoshop.

Reactions: grubush

Valdna

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2017
I Will run programs like Photoshop and logic.
I run a lot of programs at the same time.
Since you mentioned Photoshop and Logic i would go for the first one only because of 512GB ssd and 16GB of ram. Other parameters between these two are not that much different for those two programs... In the end both of them will run great. 8GB vs 16GB of ram is not even that a big difference regarding PS and logic... For other tasks that need ram the SSD is even fast enough to dump some memory... So i would decide barely on 512GB vs 256GB ssd even.... A little dramatic approach i know.. :D

P.S take a look of Estonian prices also
http://www.imarvutid.ee/et/shop/kat/macbookpro
https://valgeklaar.ee/mac/macbook-pro/

Both of these places are official sellers with SWE layouts in stock ;)

Reactions: grubush

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
16GB will likely help but just know that when I run LR and PS, even at the same time, they are using about 3GB of RAM. I have a 2016 8GB/512GB.

If I could do it all over again, I would do the 16GB. Many will say it doesn't matter...and even my use-case says my RAM is fine.. but when you have a few programs open and are using 6GB RAM ('unstressed').. but then you have some slider lag.. you will wish you had the 16. Either way, you are going to LOVE the SSD speeds.

Reactions: grubush and Valdna

grubush

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2017
Thanks for the answers, i Will go for the one with 16 gb ram since i want to use this MVH for 4 years :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.