Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elibenhur02

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2017
USA
Alright so recently my phone has been having all kinds of problems and I'm really not sure what to do about it. My iMessage keeps crashing and whenever I try to send a text, the text sends but then the app crashes. Some of the photos I take end up as solid gray photos. My wi-fi will not function because I keep getting asked for the password and I type it in and it says incorrect password. My phone will not let me update because I do not have any storage space and it turns out that my iMessage is using a lot of my storage even though I recently cleared out all of my message threads. Also, I cannot seem to connect my phone to iTunes on my mac because I keep getting the prompt of "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. The value is missing." This is extremely frustrating for me and I can't seem to fix anything. My phone also has become slower than usual which is not good at all. I hope that someone out there can help me out.

I have an iPhone 6s on iOS 10.2.1

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Sounds to me that your phone has given up on the will to live. If it's over a year old (if less, get a warranty fix), I suggest selling that suckered and passing on the problems to some other poor sucker.

Advertise, as new and barely used.

Dust your hands clean of the lemon.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Definitely make an appointment at an Apple Store and see what they say. It does sound very sickly.

You can try a DFU restore but with the wealth of existing issues it would be better for Apple to take a look at it first.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I'd bet a lot of the issues you're having are storage related. Apple Store visit is a good idea if you're not confident to troubleshoot yourself.
^^^Second that.

16GB iPhone strikes again!
[doublepost=1490801868][/doublepost]
Sounds to me that your phone has given up on the will to live. If it's over a year old (if less, get a warranty fix), I suggest selling that suckered and passing on the problems to some other poor sucker.

Your device would fall under your advice if it was over capacity as well.

I'm betting that's OP's problem.

Everyone wants an iPhone but no one wants to pay more for the higher capacity models. Then these posts happen because they don't understand that these problems occur when you run out of space.

MiniGeek

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2016
... I suggest selling that suckered and passing on the problems to some other poor sucker.

No. Just.....no. Please.

Last edited:

nieks

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
The Netherlands
Do you sync Photo's, Music, Contacts, Bookmarks, Notes, Agenda with iCloud and do you have your Keychain enabled?

If yes: connect to iTunes, completely wipe and reinstall the phone as new (do not use the backup). Install all the apps you normally use and update your settings to sync all of the above. As far as I know, that should solve your problems that are most likely caused by storage issues.

Note: you will lose all iMessage history!.
Note2: if you use Whatsapp, remember to back up in iCloud and after reinstalling Whatsapp, get your backup from iCloud.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012

Hopefully the OP won't be a fraud.

patcv

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2017
I have the EXACT same problem, did you find a solution?? this is infuriating

patcv

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2017
Have you tried any of the above suggestions?
Yes, nothing seems to work. I tried restarting, deleting stuff to make storage, iTunes won't work, and I tried to do an update on my phone it doesn't work either. I did a network settings reset and it fixed the wifi problem for about 15 minutes until it went back to not connecting ://

patcv

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2017
Sounds like you're going to have to back up what data you can from the iPhone (for most folks it's photos), restore as "new" and NOT restore from a backup.
But I need iTunes to do that? Because it does not want to connect to iTunes.

Elenatalo

Suspended
Jun 1, 2017
NYDC
Restoring your iDevice is one way to solve many device problems. However, due to iTunes errors, many users encounter iTunes cannot connect to this iPhone and the value is missing.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Restoring your iDevice is one way to solve many device problems. However, due to iTunes errors, many users encounter iTunes cannot connect to this iPhone and the value is missing.
Many users encounter errors? Hasn't the part about iTunes already been covered in the thread months ago?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.