Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nikigetso85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2023
I have macbook pro 15” from 2015 model number is A1398
and with no reason it shuts down itself without any notice.
First the screen goes black but the machine is on but after few seconds it goes off. It dose this not in a particular time or situation.
I asked mac support but they require to leave my mac for 5 days which i can effors as im working on this mac and have all the files any everything, i know its hard to tell like this and most definitely i will bring it to them however maybe someone had same issue and know what can be wrong with it? any suggestions?

thanks

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I asked whether it is a mid-2014 15" because I was asked by a friend to look at his MacBook that did exactly the same thing. The easy fix was to change the SSD from the Samsung SSUAX to an SSUBX.

What was happening is this: my friend's SSD would allow the CPU to go into a low-power state. Unfortunately, it would go so low that it did exactly what your model is doing.

As a test, try running the OS off an external drive and see if the same thing is still happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.