Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wmiller306

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2016
Hi everyone!

I have been going back and forth on whether to pre order the X from the Verizon app or the Apple store app. I have heard a lot about the Apple store app being very fast for pre orders so that is the one I am leaning towards. Now, help me understand the connection between my Verizon account and the apple store.

So currently I have a iPhone 6, I obviously have an upgrade pending on my Verizon account. I am not part of the Verizon or apple iPhone upgrade program and I do not plan on joining. I want to pre-order to X with the 2-year plan and not the iPhone upgrade program. My question is if I pre-order from the Apple store app will that take in account my upgrade? Also thoughts on Verizon app or Apple store app?

Note: I have never pre-ordered a phone from Verizon or Apple.

Thank you in advance!

DDustiNN

macrumors 68030
Jan 27, 2011
Open up the Apple app and check it out right now. You can choose between Apple’s upgrade plan, Verizon payment plan, or full price single payment. You’ll have to verify your Verizon account by entering your zip code and last 4 digits of the account owner’s SSN.

I’ve ordered from the Verizon website in the past and all you need is your account login and a credit card. Not sure about the app.

wmiller306

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2016
Open up the Apple app and check it out right now. You can choose between Apple’s upgrade plan, Verizon payment plan, or full price single payment. You’ll have to verify your Verizon account by entering your zip code and last 4 digits of the account owner’s SSN.

I’ve ordered from the Verizon website in the past and all you need is your account login and a credit card. Not sure about the app.

So after I am all logged in, when I pre-order will it know I have an upgrade and I will be able to use that or is that something I take care of when I actually get the phone?

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
I want to pre-order to X with the 2-year plan and not the iPhone upgrade program.
What you are saying is that you want to order an iPX that is financed through Verizon over 24 months. We call those the Verizon Device Payment Plan (DPP).
[doublepost=1508874025][/doublepost]
My question is if I pre-order from the Apple store app will that take in account my upgrade?
In past pre-orders, you could always get carrier financed phones through Apple directly.

Please note that if what you want is a subsidized phone, Verizon no longer offers those.

What plan are you on?
[doublepost=1508874095][/doublepost]
The only people that can order phones through Verizon are the Account Owner (AO) and the Account Manager (AM). And you need to have the phone shipped to the account billing address.
[doublepost=1508874128][/doublepost]
So after I am all logged in, when I pre-order will it know I have an upgrade and I will be able to use that or is that something I take care of when I actually get the phone?
Are you the AO or the AM? If you are either the AO or the AM, just log in now it should show that your line is eligible for an upgrade if it is. If your line is eligible for an upgrade and it isn't showing when you log in, either you are not the AO or the AM or something is wrong and you need to call to get it straightened out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.