Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Awesome.D

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2016
Vietnam
There is an area on my iPhone 4 screen where do not respond to touches. But it disappears when the phone heat up. Is there any solutions?
(sorry for my English)

Last edited:

xixi.li

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2015
hongkong
Well, The iPhone 4 is too old to work
replacing the screen is also not cheap
I suggest update your phone.

Matthew.H

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2015
Norwich, UK
The iPhone 4 is from 2010. It's probably not worth repairing now. You'd be better spending some money on a newer model. A 5S would last you fairly well for a few years.

Chuck Kostalnick

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
Denver, Colorado
There is an area on my iPhone 4 screen where do not respond to touches. But it disappears when the phone heat up. Is there any solutions?
(sorry for my English)
Since it appears that purchasing a new iPhone isn't an option for you, I recommend you try the following.

1) Check for liquid damage in the phone. If there are clear signs of corrosion (green stuff, actual liquid still in the phone, etc) then the issue is probably not easily (or at all) repairable. If there is no liquid inside the device, try the next step.

2) Open your device, and disconnect the battery from the logic board. Disconnect the display flat flex cables from the logic board and then reseat (reconnect) the display to the logic board. Connect the battery back, and turn the phone back on. Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.

If the issue is still not resolved after reseating the display cables, contact the seller of the iPhone display and ask for a replacement component as your is DOA (dead on arrival), or purchase a new display from a different vendor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.