Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

levanabanana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2019
So I'm rubbish with this but here's all the information that I know. I have a fairly old MacBook Pro OS X Yosemite. I recently bought a Logitech c920 webcam for better quality streaming on the website myfreecams. Not sure if this is relevent but my internet speed isn't great but I have a lan cable and once thats in its fine, not great, but fine, however there's no issues on the regular low quality webcam at all once the lan is in. So what happens is it will run fairly decent, not even much lag unless I open other programmes etc but occasionally, maybe every 20 minutes or so it will completley freeze and I can't unfreeze without refreshing which is frustrating cause going off and online several times per show hinders my audience and earnings. I tried first of all using OBS but it really wasn't working for me, i was in super slow motion, it had annoying borders, it was unpredictable, I didn't like it. Next thing I did is I tried to maybe stream in lower quality by editing the settings in webcam settings app and stuff like that. I have scoured the internet but it's such a specific problem, it's hard to find an answer. I havent used the webcam for video call or skype or anything, only streaming on MFC so I don't have anything on that but I can find out. I have the webcam plugged in to my laptop, I've used both ports. I don't know if it's a problem with internet, my laptop or the webcam, maybe I'm giving you too much information :p The only other thing I will say is my laptop is a bit ******, says here it's from late 2011 and its slow in general I don't know if that's it, like for example if I record any videos even on the rubbish webcam in photobooth it's just awful, freezes and lags like crazy. I've never posted on a forum but I'm honestly out of ideas, I don't even really know if it's something anybody here would even know about but it's worth a shot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.