Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jesterscourt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Hello, I was going through the process of installing Boot Camp and Windows 10 on a Macbook, the portion where it would finalize the flash drive to be bootable, the computer reboots on its own.

It automatically reloads into Windows 10 setup, and doesn't seem to want to read the USB flashdrive (media error with drivers, probably because it skipped that step prior to reboot)

Eh, probably an issue with the boot camp itself, so I'll just reboot and get into MacOS and try again. So I hold down the option key and only the Windows partition is seen. I can't go left or right to see the MacOS partition.

So I am certain I can reinstall High Sierra via recovery, my question is, is this my only option?

Searching Boot Camp, Windows 10 and High Sierra, it looks like I'm not alone in having some troubles with this set up - am I better of trying Parallels?

Thanks in advance.

yyy

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2007
I don't know why it made your Mac partition disappear but I've been running Windows 10 (installed with Boot Camp) and High Sierra for months now with no problem. The only time I had a problem was when I split my Mac partition into 2 and it made my Windows partition disappear. I fixed it by removing the extra partition and now my Windows partition is available again.

BLUEDOG314

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2015
I hate suggesting this because it is often used as a solution for problems that are completely unrelated, but try resetting the NVRAM. Also is the Mac partition still visible in recovery? I had a similar issue before and reblessed the /System/Library/CoreServices folder and all was well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.