Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newbietoiphones2020

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2020
Hi everyone,
I need some help with choosing between iPhone 11 and 11 pro. I can't decide which one to pick because battery is a major concern. My current phone has 6-7 hr of SOT with 50-60% brightness with WiFi, without bluetooth and with location turned on. Can you please share your typicall SOT with me so I can choose.
P.S. If this helps, I usually use my phone for YouTube and Chrome. Sometimes I use Google Maps as well.
Thank you very much for your help!

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Well, using compare on the apple site and algebra since they can never give a straight number, but instead only compare to other models, the 11P gets 4 more hours of battery life than the 11.

newbietoiphones2020

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2020
Well, using compare on the apple site and algebra since they can never give a straight number, but instead only compare to other models, the 11P gets 4 more hours of battery life than the 11.
Thank you very much for that. I just wanted to ask you if you use any of the two phones how much SOT do you usually get?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
If battery usage is key, consider the pro. On the other hand, a lot of people overstate their actual need, because they want to treat the iPhone as if it were a MacBook Pro, and don’t want to have to charge their phone at any time during the day, even if they could do so easily.

I would buy the 11 model and test normal usage needs for 10 days. That is the kind of usage nerd and ability you described. If you find it didn’t measure up, return it and purchase the pro.

This forum is replete with members overselling one another on devices; each trying to convince the other, that they absolutely need the pro model every time, even though they aren’t trying to split atoms or trying to capture fleeting light from a dying star millions of miles away.

Why spend more money if you really don’t need to?

newbietoiphones2020

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2020
If battery usage is key, consider the pro. On the other hand, a lot of people overstate their actual need, because they want to treat the iPhone as if it were a MacBook Pro, and don’t want to have to charge their phone at any time during the day, even if they could do so easily.

I would buy the 11 model and test normal usage needs for 10 days. That is the kind of usage nerd and ability you described. If you find it didn’t measure up, return it and purchase the pro.

This forum is replete with members overselling one another on devices; each trying to convince the other, that they absolutely need the pro model every time, even though they aren’t trying to split atoms or trying to capture fleeting light from a dying star millions of miles away.

Why spend more money if you really don’t need to?
Thank you very much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.