Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fgladu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2018
Hi guys, this is my first post and I really need your help!

This guy seems to have a similar problem : https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/linux-to-mac-share-using-cifs.1815958/#post-20315000

The problem :

mount error(13): Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

When mounting shares using manual CLI method or fstab under Raspbian Stretch, it's working fine on an other Mac.

What puzzles me is that the shares are accessible when I do it using the GUI on my Raspberry Pi 3.

The facts :

• CIFS share is served by my Mac mini macOS 10.13.4 (with the Server app v 5.6)
• Machine trying to access is a Raspberry Pi 3 running Raspbian Stretch up to date
• I can confirm the behaviour on my second Raspberry Pi running Raspbian Stretch light
This was working fine 2 days ago!
• Both Raspberry Pi are mounting the share I made with the volume of my MacBook Air running macOS 10.13.4
• Here is my fstab line : //al.local/River /mnt/River cifs credentials=/etc/river-cred,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777
• I repeat, this was working fine 2 days ago!

The only thing I can think of is that my Mac mini has a new version of Server app... That's the only difference I can think of between my two Macs... So I think the problem is with my Mac mini.

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.