Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Okay, so i got an idea to start a 365 blog/website deal (probably going to use Wordpress w/my own domain). I'm going to be Starting it on Friday when I get my new cell phone, the Evo 4G. So, i wanted to use 4gphotography.com for my domain, but its already taken, and in use. :(

So my question is, which would you settle for? 4gphotographer.com or fourGphotography.com or even fourGphotographer.com

leighonigar

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2007
Okay, so i got an idea to start a 365 blog/website deal (probably going to use Wordpress w/my own domain). I'm going to be Starting it on Friday when I get my new cell phone, the Evo 4G. So, i wanted to use 4gphotography.com for my domain, but its already taken, and in use. :(

So my question is, which would you settle for? 4gphotographer.com or fourGphotography.com or even fourGphotographer.com

None of the above.

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
None of the above.

+1

You are setting yourself up with a domain that will quickly become a crutch. It sounds cool now when people use things from the future, but when 5g or 6g comes out, changing your name isn't painless.

Why is the 4G so critical to your photography website? Are all of the pictures going to be taken with the phone? How about something like mobilephoto or cellphotography (I didn't look up what is taken). They allow you to grow without being held back.

How many stores were called millenium or 2000 or whatever in 1995? How many are still around now? Tying your identity to a specific year or technology just causes problems (unless this is just supposed to be a temporary blog, but even those have the habit of catching on).

Good luck.

PS I would also avoid having numbers (numerical or written) in the domain if at all possible. It makes telling people verbally about the domain painful (and more likely to be mistyped upon entry). It is also harder for your fans to memorize.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
+1

You are setting yourself up with a domain that will quickly become a crutch. It sounds cool now when people use things from the future, but when 5g or 6g comes out, changing your name isn't painless.

Why is the 4G so critical to your photography website? Are all of the pictures going to be taken with the phone? How about something like mobilephoto or cellphotography (I didn't look up what is taken). They allow you to grow without being held back.

How many stores were called millenium or 2000 or whatever in 1995? How many are still around now? Tying your identity to a specific year or technology just causes problems (unless this is just supposed to be a temporary blog, but even those have the habit of catching on).

Good luck.

PS I would also avoid having numbers (numerical or written) in the domain if at all possible. It makes telling people verbally about the domain painful (and more likely to be mistyped upon entry). It is also harder for your fans to memorize.

Thank you, that makes sense. Yes, all the pics/videos will be from the phone, and its only a year long project. I just want to get myself in the habit of sticking to my workflow, and posting daily and that sort of thing so i will be ready when I actually dive into a personal website to showcase (maybe even sell) my photos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.