Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sincity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2018
I do not have much computer knowledge, my current computer is a Macbookpro9,2 2012 year model which has intel core i7 and 2.9 GHz processor speed and 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB (I have no idea what any of this means) my computer crashed and it barely works, it takes ages to do anything and the wifi constantly drops even though the wifi works fine on my PC. I use my computer to edit videos I make videos on Premiere they are from 10 minute to 15 minute videos. Since my computer crashed I purchased a used Apple MacBook Pro 2015 RETINA 13.3 MF839B/A INTEL CORE I5 2.7GHZ 8GB RAM A1502 for £600, is that a good price, did I just buy a worse computer? It looks like the specs on my computer are better even though my computer is older, is this right? Thanks
PS- they are both 13inches, I have uploaded pics of the specs for both computers

Attachments

• 2012 mac.JPG
    2012 mac.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 2015 mac.JPG
    2015 mac.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 147

happyslayer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2008
Glendale, AZ
I am a computer consultant and have been for 23 years. I have had lots of experience with stuff like this. I just looked up the Early 2015 MacBook Pro 13" up on eBay and did the conversion from pounds to dollars (I am in America) and it looks like you got an average deal for the newer laptop. Not amazing but not terrible. So that's fine, I think. If you are happy with it, all good. As to the 2012 model, it sounds like you might have a failing logic board which is expensive to fix out of warranty - probably close to $500 with labor - so the newer one is a better deal.

I think you made the right choice. For what that's worth.

Good luck!

Reactions: sincity

sincity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2018
I am a computer consultant and have been for 23 years. I have had lots of experience with stuff like this. I just looked up the Early 2015 MacBook Pro 13" up on eBay and did the conversion from pounds to dollars (I am in America) and it looks like you got an average deal for the newer laptop. Not amazing but not terrible. So that's fine, I think. If you are happy with it, all good. As to the 2012 model, it sounds like you might have a failing logic board which is expensive to fix out of warranty - probably close to $500 with labor - so the newer one is a better deal.

I think you made the right choice. For what that's worth.

Good luck!

Thank you for putting my mind at ease :) I appreciate it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.