Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taytonjane

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2020
I am currently on my 4th MacBook and I think I need to return, AGAIN! The first time I ordered a 16 inch which initially I thought was way too big so I returned it, but then I ordered a 16 inch again because stupidly I didn't realize that all of the 13 inch orders would take a month. But then I felt guilty about how much I was spending on a laptop when I don't do intense work. So I then went to the closest open apple store 2 hours away to do an in person return and get the 512 gb 13 inch model. I then felt guilty again because I thought that was too much storage, so I went back and got the 256 gb version. Of course with my luck, when I was downloading all of the apps and stuff I need for school I realized I am going to use up my 256 gb fast. So now I want the 512 again but I am so stressed out and worried that they won't let me return because I read something about customers getting flagged. Someone please help ease my stress. I am nervous to make the trip, but I want to be satisfied with my purchases.

Reactions: Gutwrench

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Since you will be purchasing another model, you will be fine. Just let them know you are new and got nervous purchasing a new Mac and you weren’t sure what would truly meet your school needs.

No need to worry.

taytonjane

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2020
Since you will be purchasing another model, you will be fine. Just let them know you are new and got nervous purchasing a new Mac and you weren’t sure what would truly meet your school needs.

No need to worry.
Okay thank you! I really hope this is the case. I have really bad anxiety about it for some reason.

taytonjane

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2020
What are you studying? ?
Marketing, but right now I am in a couple computer literacy classes and a graphic design class that require some other downloads. Also, due to school being online I had to download this test monitor thing. I also have personal items and stuff that I store. It was just a really dumb decision on my part and I was just trying to save money.

Reactions: Gutwrench

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Marketing, but right now I am in a couple computer literacy classes and a graphic design class that require some other downloads. Also, due to school being online I had to download this test monitor thing. I also have personal items and stuff that I store. It was just a really dumb decision on my part and I was just trying to save money.

Awww...not stupid...maybe just too quick in the decision making. We’ve all been there. Good luck in school!

taytonjane

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2020
Awww...not stupid...maybe just too quick in the decision making. We’ve all been there. Good luck in school!
Thank you! DO you agree with the user above about them being gracious about the return? The post I saw about people getting flagged just really freaked me out.
[automerge]1598405290[/automerge]
Thank you! DO you agree with the user above about them being gracious about the return? The post I saw about people getting flagged just really freaked me out.
sorry for the capital DO lol it was an accident

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
[automerge]1598405290[/automerge]

sorry for the capital DO lol it was an accident

Yes I agree. Anyone so sweet and conscientious about doing the right thing...I don’t think you have anything to worry about. If they mention anything just tell the truth. You we’re trying to do the right thing and feel terrible.

Even monkeys sometimes fall out of the tree. ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.