Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heinzeee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2009
Parker, Colorado
Hello, first time forum user and new to Mac (one year). I have Lightroom installed on my Imac G5, 1.83ghz, 17in. When importing pictures, purple pixels show up in some highlight areas. This is not happening in camera, the RAW files and JPEGs look fine. In fact they can be viewed with any OS picture viewer and no purple pixels. Not until Lightroom gets ahold of them do they appear. Could this be display settings or is my Imac just too old for Lightroom? This is happening on windows, people's faces, etc. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
Hello, first time forum user and new to Mac (one year). I have Lightroom installed on my Imac G5, 1.83ghz, 17in. When importing pictures, purple pixels show up in some highlight areas. This is not happening in camera, the RAW files and JPEGs look fine. In fact they can be viewed with any OS picture viewer and no purple pixels. Not until Lightroom gets ahold of them do they appear. Could this be display settings or is my Imac just too old for Lightroom? This is happening on windows, people's faces, etc. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

In the Develop module, make sure you have the histogram displayed in the top right corner. See the little triangles in the top right and left corners of the histogram? Click the one in the top right; does that make the purple pixels go away?

Those triangles are there such that when you click them, they show you exactly which pixels are clipped (the left hand one tells you which pixels are completely black...i.e. shadows clipped).

heinzeee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2009
Parker, Colorado
Nope, I had thought that might be it but these are definitely purple, not red like the clipped highlights. I have seen them both on the same image.

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
Hmmmm, are the purple pixels there in a 1:1 zoom? I had this issue the other day with some red pixels in one image. They were in my catchlights at normal zoom, but disappeared at 1:1. Not sure what caused them, but they're not in my final output JPEGS so I can live with them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.